We are continuing to make tools available on Tuesday evenings from 4 to 7pm. You can book click & collect time slots online to come in for pick ups or drop offs and can email us to arrange a time to drop off tool donations (these are part of our C19 measures to keep everyone safe).
Please note – we will not available for walk in enquires during these times. Best to contact us by email.
The Walthamstow Tool Library in Priory Court aims to provide, convenient, cheap, easy access to tools to help local people with community and personal projects and to make their surroundings greener, while reducing the need to buy tools.
We are always looking for donations to help stock and diversify this new resource. If you would like to donate any good condition garden related or DIY tools, register your interest in becoming involved, or simply like to know more please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is usually checked on a Tuesday and a Friday, you can also call us on 07933 710644 on a Tuesday evening between 4 and 7pm.
If you would like to receive updates and info, join the Walthamstow Tool Library mailing list!
Spring 21: Seeds, seedlings and sunflowers
Have you got a glut of seeds or plants? These can be old seed packets or seeds you’ve collected from your own plants. We’ve created a little seed library in our tool library, so that you can swap seeds while borrowing tools. Similarly, do you have any spare seedings or plants? These could be from the garden where the plants have multiplied too much or plants that have needed separating or plan to grow some of your favourite for us to share with the community.
You can bring and/or take seeds during our opening times or drop them off at the tool library seed drop box in a labeled envelope anytime. Plants/seedlings can be kept for one of our plant swap days (date TBC) later in the spring.
Not so sure how to sow & grow? Download our how-to-sow-seeds guide, that’ll help you get started.
Also! Take part in the grand William Morris Big Local Sunflower Growing Competition and win a membership with us! The first 50 to register even get a little extra. Visit the WMBL website to receive all the details. The best of luck!
Walthamstow Tool Library wish list
- new gardening gloves x20
- loppers x4, long lopper x4
- bow saw with dry blades X4, bow saw with wet blades x4, brush saw x4
- topiary shears x2, pruning saw x4, pole/tree pruner x2, snips x2
- hand trowels x5, hand forks x5
- garden secateurs x10, hedge shears x2, shears x4
- spades x5, shovels x5, forks x5, rabbit spade x2
- dutch hoe x4, garden hoe x4, spud hoe
- soil tiller, Hand soil tiller
- bulb planters x4, seeder x4
- sythe x2, hand sickle
- handheld sprayer
- mattock x4, wrecking bar-x2, post banger
- stiff bristled sweeping brushes x2
- apple picker x2
- mesh riddle
- patio knife x2
- small axe, splitting axe, two handed axe
- lawn edger, lawn edge cutter x2
- moss roller, remover
- fruit press/macerator x2 each
- hose reel and hose x1
- good quality watering cans x6
Carpentry tools and power tools
- chisels, squares, marking gauges etc
- battery drills X4 (e.g. Makita, Dewalt, Bosch, Black & Decker)
- battery jigsaw x2, battery circular saw x2, mitre saw x1
- battery small angle grinder x1
- electric sander x2
- electric hedge clippers x2
- cordless grass trimmer, cordless strimmer
- sledge hammer, lump hammer x4, rubber mallet, pick axe x2
- electric pruning/pole saw x1
- hand saws: tenon saw x2, panel saw x2, rip saw x2
- socket set
- long spirit levels x2, string levels x4
- clamps: x10 G or F-clamps, x5 sash clamps
Items for our lending site
- gazebo, 4 identical fold up tables, 4 fold up chairs
- good quality coffee machine, under counter fridge
- We would also like to ask residents to grow trays of seedlings/cuttings ready for the spring for us to give away, swap or sell to other local people and to help us to make more local connections within the community
Please contact us if you have any other items that you think would help or if you have a specific tool wish. Thank you for your support!