For lockdown we are continuing our trial to make tools available on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 to 7 pm. You can book click and collect time slots online to come in for pick ups or drop offs. You can email us to arrange a time to drop off tool donations (these are part of our C19 measures to keep everyone safe).
Please note – We will not available for walk in enquires during these times. Best to contact us by email.
The Walthamstow Tool library in Priory Court aims to provide, convenient, cheap, easy access to tools to help local people with community and personal projects and to make their surroundings greener, while reducing the need to buy tools.
We are always looking for donations to help stock and diversify this new resource. If you would like to donate any good condition garden related or DIY tools, register your interest in becoming involved, or simply like to know more please email email@example.com This email is usually checked on a Tuesday and a Friday, you can also call us on 07933 710644 on a Tuesday evening between 5:30 and 7pm
If you would like to have updates and info you can join The Walthamstow Tool Library mailing list by clicking here
If you would like to become a member click here and go to create account or go to inventory to see what tools we have in stock.
Spring 21: Seeds, seedlings and sunflowers
We are doing a call out for seeds and seedlings to share in the spring!
If you would like to grow seeds or transplant plants into pots over the next few weeks we will be able have some outside sessions when people can come and drop them off and or swap them.
We will be also installing a post box for seed packets donations at the Tool library as well.
Look out for our friendly Sunflower growing competition with tool library memberships up for grabs. Contact us if you would like some Sunflower seeds and how to enter. More info to follow.
Walthamstow Tool Library wish list
- Wheelbarrows X2
- New Gardening gloves x20
- Loppers x4, Long Lopper x4
- Bow saw with dry blades X4, Bow saw with wet blades x4, Brush saw x4
- Topiary shears x2, Pruning saw x4, Pole/tree pruner x2, Snips x2
- Hand Trowels x10, Hand forks x10
- Garden secateurs x10, Hedge Shears x2, Shears x4
- Spades x5, Shovels x5, Forks x5, Rabbit Spade x2
- Dutch hoe x4, Garden hoe x4, Spud hoe
- Soil tiller, Hand soil tiller
- Bulb planters x6, Seeder x4
- Sythe x2, Hand sickle
- Handheld sprayer
- Mattock x4, Wrecking bar-x2, Post banger
- Stiff bristled sweeping brushes x2
- Apple picker x2
- Mesh riddle
- Patio knife x2
- Small axe, Splitting axe ,Two handed axe
- Lawn edger, Lawn edge cutter x2, Moss roller, remover
- Fruit press/macerator x2 each
- Hose reel and hose x1
- Good quality Watering cans x6
- Carpentry tools and power tools
- Hammers, chisels, tenon saw, squares, marking gauges etc
- Battery Drills X4, Makita Dewalt Bosch Black & Decker etc
- Battery jigsaw x2
- Battery small angle grinder
- Electric Hedge clippers x2
- Cordless Grass trimmer, Cordless leaf blowers, Cordless strimmer
- Sledge hammer, Lump hammer x4, Rubber mallet, Pick axe x2
- Garden shredder
- Socket set
- Long spirit levels x2
- String levels x4
Items for our lending site
- We would also like to ask residents to grow trays of seedlings/cuttings ready for the spring for us to give away, swap or sell to other local people and to help us to make more local connections within the community
- 4 identical fold up Tables, 4 fold up chairs
- Good quality Coffee machine, under counter Fridge, toaster, microwave, kettle
Please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other items that you think would help. Thanks for your support!