Retail and Admin Wizard
Do you love good customer service and are you committed to a future where no usable goods go to landfill? FRP is looking for a positive and independent team member to manage our shop space and support operational processes.
At Forest Recycling Project we work to promote a greener, more inclusive Waltham Forest. Our main operational area is reclaiming, repurposing and affordably reselling waste material that could otherwise go to landfill. The three products we recycle are paint, scaffolding boards, and fabrics. We believe that social and environmental challenges go hand in hand and volunteering is at the heart of all our activities.
We are seeking a commercially minded retail lead, who is also keen to support the rest of the team with administrative tasks such as making sure that sales are properly recorded and that inquiries from customers and partners are answered in a timely and professional manner.
Our shop space is located close to Bakers Arms in Walthamstow and we also have a warehouse space behind Leyton Midland Station. Your working days will be Thursday and Fridays from 9-5 and Saturdays from 10 -2.30
- To take ownership of the performance of our retail operations and ensure excellent customer service for members of the public, housing association tenants and community group representatives.
- To communicate with external partners, mainly by answering emails and phone calls and liaise with other team members on how best to serve our customers.
- To ensure that the shop space looks nice and welcoming and ensure that there is sufficient stock.
- To record sales and other data on spreadsheets so we can document impact and maintain solid financial records.
- To keep accurate administrative records of paint, fabric and wood both coming into the scheme and being distributed to customers, and update the website accordingly.
- To help organize and advertise community events such as evening workshops, fabric sales and Give and Take events.
- To ensure that our retail space lives up to health and safety regulations and adhere to our policy for lone working.
- Committed to a greener tomorrow and are keen to work in a community organization.
- Open and welcoming and keen to chat to new people.
- Very organized and good with numbers.
- Interested in logistical processes such as risk assessments and event planning.
- Comfortable working alone when necessary.
- Able to work Thursday, Friday and Saturdays and willing to get a DBS check.
In this varied and exciting role you will be instrumental in ensuring that FRP continues to be a successful hub of the community. There is room to grow in this role; we welcome initiative and new ideas so this could be your chance to shine!
We offer a 6 month initial contract with possibility for extension at London living wage.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and will close the vacancy when the position is filled. Therefore, if you have retail experience along with strong administrative skills and are you committed to a greener tomorrow, please apply as soon as possible.
Reach out: email@example.com